Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This Shit Just Got Real

 I may have mentioned the need for a serger once or ten thousand times to hubby.  You know, in an off handed way.  The serger arrived on Christmas morning via Santa Claus.  My first Juki and I'm in love.  This means of course that I've gone into sewing over-production.  
 Mimi is here for Christmas break and is watching the littles while I stitch away.  My dining room has been turned into a sweat shop with an art studio attached for the toddler.  Everyone is very happy in their creative zen.
 As one of my favorite quilting bloggers said once, "Teach me to make something easy, and I will make a million of them."  That's where I am right now.  Meredith will be wearing nothing but Oliver+S Puppet Show shorts this summer.  Each pair takes about half a yard.  Do you know how many half yard scraps I have around the house?  Tons.  That's lots of free shorts.
 The best part is how pretty the finished serged seams are.  I'm in love.


1 comment: