Sunday, July 19, 2015

Emotional Baggage

If something has been a UFO for two years, there is probably a good reason for that right?  I made this coat when we lived in our old house and even moved it with us.  I thought my hang up was finding buttons.  Yesterday I found buttons I loved.  This morning I put aside easy to do leggings so I could finish this.  The buttons weren't the issue.
 After 47 tries and a screaming fit I learned that you can't button hole fleece.  Some websites recommended stabilizer.  That didn't help.  The button holer just couldn't do it.  Actually, it did it once.  Just once.
 I tried to save the coat with snaps but the snaps were misaligned and there was no way to pick out all the old button hole threads.  So...that's it.  In the trash it goes.  I can't keep looking at this coat.  Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment