Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Merida the Brave Peplum


Last night I couldn't sleep.  So of course I started trolling Craftsy.  What did I find?  This Pippa Peplum by See Kate Sew.  Oh how I loved it!  Oh how I don't want to spend another $9 on a pattern.  And then...I noticed it's just a t-shirt with a gathered skirt.

What did I do?  I drafted my own after reading a few tutorials on Pinterest.  I took the next size up on the Alex and Anna Winter Pajamas AGAIN and shortened the torso.  Then I cut out a circle skirt to add to the bottom.
And Voila!  A Peplum dress.
 At first I thought this teal plaid was too much to handle.  Now, I think it looks great with the preschooler's red hair.  Right now the top is a little big in the shoulders.  That's ok.  I want her to be able to wear this all winter.
 The toddler is not wearing a Made by Mom dress but we can't leave her out of the photo shoots.   As soon as she hears the words "take a picture" she starts running around saying "Cheese!"
This is what happens when I ask them to kiss each other.  So much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment