Monday, June 15, 2015

Pattern Tracing

Often I know there is a right way and a wrong way to do something and I still pick the lazy way out.  I'm guilty of this when it comes to pattern tracing.  To save the original pattern from cutting you should trace out the size you want in Pellon.  With commercial tissue patterns this usually isn't a big deal.  The tissue will fold back easily to the right size.  With printed PDF patterns and smaller pattern company paper patterns it gets tricky.  
Finally, I broke down and bought some grid Pellon.  And guess what?  It wasn't THAT time consuming.  In fact, I enjoyed tracing out the patterns.  The next step is to find Pellon as cheaply as possible.  I feel like it use to be 33 cents a yard.  Seriously, I'm not exaggerating.  Now it's $4.  Walmart so far has the cheapest bolt of 10 yards for $16.



No comments:

Post a Comment