Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Can't Stop--Must Sew

It's been decided...by me...that it takes three sewing machines to make one article of clothing.  The Janome for straight stitching, the Pfaff for twin needle top stitching, and the Juki for serging seams.  This tri-fecta has created several pieces of clothing that I'm completely satisfied with.  Usually on a garment there is always something I'm unhappy with.  This is not true lately.  There are no puckers or gaping.  Alleluia!

Meredith's summer wardrobe is coming along.  This weekend I worked on a pair of capris and two cardigans.  All from Simplicity 2469.  I got the pattern for $1!!!  So far I've used it three times and I have plans for another set of capris.  That's $.25 per use.
 I may have just ordered another cardigan pattern with long sleeves and a fitted neck line.  I'm hoping to modify the pattern to include a Peter Pan collar.  Why is JoAnn's so far away from me?  I keep looking at online websites for knit fabrics but I have a hard time committing online.  I am a tactile shopper.




No comments:

Post a Comment