Thursday, January 1, 2015

Goodwill Find

 Mimi has a thing about going to thrift stores to find children's books for her classroom.  Ok, I say she has a thing.  Really it's an obsession.  She packed only two outfits for a two week visits so that she could have more room for books.  This is a sign that she has a problem.
 I digress.  After Mimi found a pile of used books at the local Goodwill I went in.  I found a few knits to refashion, a flannel shirt for me and these coral capris.  They were in a larger size so there was plenty of room to cut out a pair of shorts for the toddler.  The reason they were at Goodwill?  The previous owner couldn't fix a hem.  See the tape?  BAH!  So sad for those who can't sew.  My gain.
 Since the pants were the color of the week that got 50% off I got the pants for $2.50.  Woot woot!  And...I got a bunch of notions off the cut up pants.  This might be how hoarders start.

No comments:

Post a Comment